Wednesday, September 10, 2014

BACK ON THE GRID (No I Am Not Dead)

BACK ON THE GRID (No I Am Not Dead)

Greetings one and all. No, I am not dead (on the outside, anyway). It's been quite a while since I have made a post here, or anywhere for that matter. Details are not important here, merely that I am doing a bit better, have started writing regularly again, and even have started working on some visual art as well.

My disappearance from the grid was something I had to do for my own piece of mind and sanity. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, and agoraphobia (which became techno-agoraphobia) led to a severe writers block. It had never been this bad before, this was something new. Writer's block led to life block. And finally to a very fizzle-fried and broken computer, leading me to say fukk it.

I've hidden away long enough. It is now time to return from the shadows of the Cosmic Hades and do what it is I do (which could be any number of things on any given day -- you get the idea I'm sure).

As for GRAVE DEMAND, it is currently on hiatus until financial (and some other) situations improve. All contributors please send your submitted works elsewhere for now, where your greatnesses can be read and appreciated. 

I may have a new story entitled Of Cadence And Weathered Statues in the FREEZINE OF FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION come the end of September.

And currently special thanks to Kara Koma, Shaun Lawton, Adam Bolivar, and Eddie "Skinhead Gourmet" Petro for their time, patience, kind ears (eyes?), and special words to help me pull through this and start getting my shit back together. No man is an island, yet I tried to make myself one, due to so many varying factors, many of which were my own dear familiar phantoms.

I did have some work published in 2013 that I never bothered to advertise. So here it is:

-- TIMING IS EVERYTHING is in the Diabolic Publications anthology DIABOLIC TALES III   http://www.amazon.com/Diabolic-Tales-III-Adam-Millard/dp/0979169437/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410373027&sr=8-1&keywords=diabolic+tales+3

-- PLASMATICK is in INFERNAL INK (Volume 2, Issue 1, April 2013)  http://www.amazon.com/Infernal-Magazine-vol-issue-April-ebook/dp/B00C37BIJA/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410374041&sr=1-5&keywords=infernal+ink+magazine

-- A POISONED IDEA is in INFERNAL INK (Volume 2, Issue 2, July 2013) http://www.amazon.com/Infernal-Magazine-vol-issue-July-ebook/dp/B00DP1PGCS/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N66CF45K3TTAGE1FW1V

-- TRIALS was featured in the print only zine Nightmares From The Attic (I believe that was the title, I never received a copy of the zine, only a few were printed and they are hard to find).

Again, there was another published piece or two in 2013 that my fried brain cannot quite recall, nor can I check my fried computer that had it all listed out. Nor the backup as that was accidentally smashed during a recent move.

Any further questions (about anything, personal, writing related, etc. direct them to me personally at vdaemon13@gmail.com

Otherwise, if anyone actually reads this, please join and pass the gun (ie: word) around, and, as always. Thank you for your time.

Never Let The Bastards Get You Down,

Vincent Daemon













2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back and hope you continue to do well. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, glad you're ok Vinnie. As Kim stated you've been missed by a lot of people, far and wide. Sorry about the belated reply, just wanted to give a shout out and add that those bastards will never win with the likes of us around to stand our ground.

    ReplyDelete